Hopefully Statistics like this doesn't bore you
February 15 report from the Canadian Real Estate Association.
Click on the line above for the full report about real estate across Canada, but in a nutshell...
- Home sales were down 4.5% from December to January.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity came in 4.0% above levels in January 2011, and stood even with the 5 and 10 year averages for January sales.
- The number of newly listed homes edged down 1.4% from December to January.
- With sales down by more than new listings, the national market shifted further into balanced territory.
- The national average home price was up less than 2% year-over-year in January, ranking it among the smallest increases of the past year.
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.