February 15 report from the Canadian Real Estate Association.
Click on the line above for the full report about real estate across Canada, but in a nutshell...
- Home sales were down 4.5% from December to January.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity came in 4.0% above levels in January 2011, and stood even with the 5 and 10 year averages for January sales.
- The number of newly listed homes edged down 1.4% from December to January.
- With sales down by more than new listings, the national market shifted further into balanced territory.
- The national average home price was up less than 2% year-over-year in January, ranking it among the smallest increases of the past year.
Post Your Comment: